Legal Secretary (Conveyancing)
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join us as a Conveyancing Secretary.
- Handle full range of conveyancing matters such as purchase & sales, development projects, mortgages, transfers, leases, powers of attorney, stamp duties.
- Prepare legal conveyancing documentation and handle e-lodgement/e-stamping etc.
- Communicate with clients, banks and related parties relating to the conveyancing process.
- Provide administrative support in legal documentation and secretarial work, conducting searches, billing, keeping deadlines.
- Ensure smooth completion of conveyancing transactions.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a conveyancing secretary in a law firm.
- Able to work independently and deal with clients & queries.
- A team player with good attitude and great sense of responsibility.
- Courteous and with good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous, well-organised and can work well under time constraints, able to work long hours when required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, and orally in Mandarin to communicate with our Mandarin speaking clients.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications and WordPerfect.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join us as an Administrative Executive to provide administrative and secretarial support to our lawyers.
Roles & Responsibilites :
- Provide general administrative support to the office
- Maintain client database, opening and closing of files
- Data entry and filing of documents (physical and electronic)
- Assist in preparation of correspondences and basic legal documents
- Support commissioning and notarial services.
- Provide simple HR and accounting support.
- Manage day to day office duties, include attending to phone calls, mail, liaising with despatch
- Monitor of deadlines and lawyers’ schedules
- Assist in archiving and retrieving of files from warehouse.
- Prepare invoices
- Responsible for office cleanliness, and replenish office supplies when required (e.g., stationery, pantry).
- Carry out ad-hoc general administrative duties.
- Minimum ‘A’-level/Diploma holder.
- Relevant working experience of at least 2 to 3 years in a law firm is required.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous, well-organised and can work well under time constraints. Must be prepared to work beyond official office hours when required.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing and orally in Mandarin to communicate with Mandarin speaking clients on legal enquiries/matters.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT savvy.