We are looking for a legal secretary to provide administrative and secretarial support to
support our lawyers. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
General Roles & Responsibilities
- General administrative duties
- Data entry and filing (physical and electronic)
- Assisting in preparation of correspondence and basic legal documents
- Monitoring of deadlines and lawyers’ schedule
- Preparing bills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software applications is essential
- Meticulous, well-organised and can work well under time constraints. Must be prepared to work beyond office hours when required
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in a law firm preferred
- Motivated, pro-active and able to work in a team
LEGAL SECRETARY / EXECUTIVE (Conveyancing)
We are looking for a suitably qualified support staff for our Conveyancing department:
- Handle full range of conveyancing matters such as purchase & sales, development projects, mortgages, refinancings, redemptions, transfers, leases, powers of attorney, stamp duties.
- Handle e-lodgement/e-stamping etc., and prepare legal conveyancing documentation.
- Communicate with clients, banks and related parties relating to the conveyancing process.
- Assist with filing, record keeping and monitoring of deadlines.
- Provide administrative support in legal documentation and secretarial work and any other general office support as required.
- 3 - 4 years’ experience as a conveyancing secretary/executive in a law firm
- Able to work independently in the preparation of all documentation and deal with clients & queries
- A good team player with good attitude
- Courteous and good interpersonal skills
- Meticulous, well-organised and can work well under time constraints & longer hours when required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, and orally in Mandarin to communicate with Chinese speaking clients